WEEKEND REPORT

By Pam

Speaking third hand, maybe fourth, looks like Saturday was blowing for the Leukemia Cup. They were able to get in six races. Sandy apparently raced. Don't know who else but the Butterfly fleet was very small. Heck, I registered ... maybe I placed. I understand no Butterflys tipped but a Scot went over. If you have more information, please post it below.

So, speaking first hand, three Butterflyers (me, Shaun and Doug) went to Shreveport for the first Sunfish circuit stop and two came home with trophies. It was blowing in Shreveport (20s) and we managed to get in 12 races. Oh how I hurt. Shaun sailed extremely well. Said maybe all the articles he'd been reading on our website might have helped. Doug took a hard earned fourth in his first circuit regatta and decided the Sunfish is quite a challenging boat to sail. He thorougly enjoyed sailing with old Butterflyer, Ellen Burks. Said he always knew where she was and if there was wind there. I went head to head with a junior who looked like he shouldn't have been sailing a boat that big and he got me by a point in the end so he took top junior and I took top woman even though I finsished well down in the fleet and was soundly beaten by two women who sail so well that they routinely place. It was quite a workout and the Fish are a really talented and fun bunch. The guys that took 2nd and 3rd (Bill and Tony) have indicated that they plan to sail at White Rock with us on Saturdays. Be sure to welcome them. We can learn alot from them and they're good candidates for wintering on the Butterfly.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 COMMENTS/FEEDBACK

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...