MUSING 8

by Pam
I sent Doug to the lake to sail last weekend so that I could get some stuff done around the house without him under foot.  I thought I had a productive day but then Doug returned.  He was glowing, looked like he’d been on a two week vacation and was talking a mile a minute about everyone and everything.  I was jealous. 

Later Doug asked me why I hadn’t been sailing as much as usual and I absently mindedly blurted out because I hadn’t needed it.  And there it was.  Need.  As I contemplated that, I realized that I did indeed need it but had just forgotten.

See, I think if you’re a sailor that the water calls to you.  You go sailing and it somehow fills your needs whatever they are.  Sometimes, it’s thrilling or soothing and calming.  Other times, it’s frustrating and gets you motivated and moving or it’s frustrating and stops your in your tracks.  It seems that the water knows what you need and gives it to you every time.  Conflict, anger, drama, determination, motivation, adrenaline, exhaustion, frustration, community, peace, serenity, clarity, beauty, health, appreciation … it’s all there when you need it. 

Always, the mind and body come away engaged and healthier after some time on the water.  Now, Doug’s explanation will probably be some jibberish about negative ions and neurons lining up.  To each his own. 

Yep.  I want some of that excited, glowy, vacation look.  Hope that’s what’s on tap today.  Come get yours.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 COMMENTS/FEEDBACK

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...