6-27-2015 Racing

                                                                                                                                              by Sam and Cathy 

Start of the 1st race.  Photo by Sam.
Comments by Sam:  The fleet was treated to a beautiful Saturday with relatively mild temperatures and fair weather cumulus clouds dotting the sky.  Winds were light and variable with shifts between NW and NE.  The shifts presented a challenge for the committee boat and the course was adjusted after the second race.  Eight boats participated in all three races.  Gary and Paul continued their rivalry at the top of the fleet with Gary finishing first in race 1 and Paul finishing first in races 2 and 3.

Comments by me:  Cameron graciously agreed to do race duty and let me sail and he and Sam did a great job of setting the race course in the shifty conditions.  Looking at the CSC history page there was quite a variation in velocity with between 0-13 mph but I doubt that is accurate since it felt more like 5-10 mph.  In race 1, I went right along the east side and that along with my new sail worked well for me.  I thought for a split second I might even beat Paul but he out-sailed me once again though I was happy to end up 3rd.  After that Paul, Gary, and Bruce resumed taking the top three places with the rest of us breaking into a second pack.  The third race isn't something I want to remember - since I fouled Bob, tried to do my circles but decided later I had not completed the second one so I am RAF for that race.     

The highlight of the day was breaking for lunch and enjoying some time with James's wife and their baby!  
               
Lining up for the 3rd race.  Photo by Sam.
Start of the 3rd race.  Photo by Sam.



AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 COMMENTS/FEEDBACK

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...