7-25-09 RACING

by Pam

It was a normal Saturday for sailing. Hot as hades, decent wind, 10ish Butterflys, 5 Lasers, and 2 Sunfish. However, it was also a special day.

WRBC's new rescue boat and a crowd were in the parking lot when I arrived. I missed it but I understand from Bruce that words were spoken, a speech was made, a christening was done and there was some champagne for everyone. Congratulations WRBC on your brand new rescue boat and thank you for letting us use it.

Bruce came down early for the christening and was on the docks before the first race helping to get all the newbies and visitors rigged up and off the docks and on their way. He chatted for a bit and then had to go and didn't get to sail. What a great guy! We won't see him for three weeks since he's off to Honduras to do his great guy doctor thing. Vaya Con Dios, Bruce!

Sandy and Megan ran the races from the new rescue boat and got in 3 races. Gary won the first two races and I got the third. I was so encouraged in the last race as I was coming into the finish line first, just ahead of Burton and Sandy was cheering from the committee boat for me to beat Burton. How sweet, I thought. Doug burst my bubble by clarifying that Sandy was cheering for me to beat Burton because that meant Sandy would move up in the standings. No way. The version in my head is so much better.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 COMMENTS/FEEDBACK

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...