7-5-2014 Racing

by Pam

It was the day after the 4th of July and despite it being a relatively perfect sailing day, the turnout was a little light. John and I had duty and got the course set early and didn't have to move it all day.  Three races with a fairly consistent breeze. It was just a wonderful day for sailing.

Bruce was on fire and had 3 bullets for the day. When we came in for lunch there were leftover cupcakes, cookies, chips and watermelon from the 4th celebrations. Bruce indulged and had a cupcake to celebrate his earlier victories but it didn't slow him down a bit for his third win. He seemed to really be enjoying himself.



Paul looked as though he'd spent too much time around Doug and was practicing some of Doug's moves but he did it with so much more style.



Bowman was dismasted in the first race. Oddest thing! That's the second rescue I've done for her. She is just the easiest person to rescue. The bottle at the top of her mast keeps everything floating. I didn't take any pictures of her mishap though.



Laurie was out with her new sail and seemed to be smiling even more than usual.



I was going through the pictures and noticed that I snapped a picture of Cathy looking like her hands were tied behind her back. She's looking quite comfortable in the boat.


I tried to get some good pictures of Burton but he was playing peek-a-boo and I'm still learning how to use my camera. The pause between pictures is a bit too long and I can't find the setting to change it.


Then there was Marshall and Frank.




During lunch, we noticed that it was not only a good day for a sail but also a good day for a drive across the lake. The car seemed to be listing to port and getting lower and lower in the water and we wondered if he'd forgotten his drain plug and if we might get to rescue a car with a boat. But ... it looks like that picture will have to wait for another day.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 COMMENTS/FEEDBACK

  • Cathy  
    7/07/2014 3:46 PM

    Thanks for the blog and photos. Very fun as usual. Sorry to miss the last race. Yes, so I can sail well enough now, I can do it with two hands tied behind my back. lol

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...