7-29-17 Racing

by Pam
It was a hot one today and there wasn't much wind to found on the race course. Doug and I had race duty and at the beginning of the first race, he asked me which way I would go if I were racing. My reply was, "home."  Doug set a hopeful course that turned out to be pure torture for the racers even though we cut it short. A break for lunch only brought us a hint of more wind and we set some short courses to be on the safe side and make up for the brutal first race.  

On the rescue boat, Doug and I were suffering from the heat. I tried to drive off with the anchor still set and when it came time to put up the "P" flag I handed Doug the blue and white flag and he put and down and said it was the wrong one, that we needed the yellow and white one. No clue what he was thinking.

We had 7 racers today with Miles missing first race, Nancy abandoning the first race and Burton calling it a day after the first.  Marshall spent the day racing while laying down with his feet up. Gary, always quick in the light winds, took an exceptionally long time to start the first race but impressively worked his way back into the mix.  Neither Doug or I can completely remember the finishes but we believe it was Jim by a mile in the first, Sandy with a comfortable lead in the second, and a photo finish in the third with Sandy and Gary and we think it was Sandy.  Then Miles and Marshall had another photo finish with Miles sneaking in there.  I think Miles actually had two 3rds today.  But, it was hot, and our memories are fuzzy so that might be totally wrong.

I managed to lazily snap a few pictures while everyone was in slow motion. Not sure if I'm out of practice in taking pictures, if my camera is acting up, or my vision going, but they just don't seem as sharp as usual.







AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 COMMENTS/FEEDBACK

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...