Racing 8-19-2017

                                                                                                                          by Paul/Gary/Cathy

Jim and Tom were on race committee. 
Paul: 0-8 mph. Five boats on the line. Three different winners: Burton won the 1st, Sandy the 2nd, and Paul won the 3rd. A delightful day.

Gary: Race places were evenly distributed. I was surprised to see that almost everyone got the same number of points today.

Cathy: I'm still on the sidelines due to shoulder surgery but have been enjoying coming down and visiting my Butterfly sailor friends and watching some of the races from the docks. I'm afraid to even get on the committee boat because of possibly losing my balance and falling on my arm. I can't put any weight on it, no pulling, no pushing. Oh my. Today was hot but it sure looked like fun! There was a quarterly meeting and I got to visit with Bruce a bit too. Jim and Tom were doing a little extra work - dragging in a log from the recent flood. Traditionally August can be a tough time to sail. Too hot and windless. But this August has been so unusual for Texas there have been several nice Saturdays. And then fall is right around the corner and we'll get lots more wind before too long.

The Butterflys head in with downtown in the background.



AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 COMMENTS/FEEDBACK

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...