HAPPY NEW YEAR

by Pam
2011 is here! Did you have your black-eyed peas on New Year’s Day? Did you make any resolutions?

I have to wonder what resolutions the fleet should have for 2011. X number of new fleet members? X number of guests trying the fleet boats? Maybe even hosting the Butterfly Nationals? I understand it is White Rock Lake’s 100th anniversary this year and between March 19 and June 26 there will be 100 days of events planned.

I’m not big on resolutions. Appreciation is more my speed. I can’t think of one single day that I made the drive to White Rock and didn’t enjoy some aspect of the experience. Why not rediscover your appreciation for White Rock Lake and the Fly fleet this year?

When I’m near the water, it somehow reaches deep inside me and speaks to me and makes me exhale and say “ahh”. It doesn’t matter if it’s honking, drifting, freezing or smoking hot, being at the lake relaxes and invigorates me. What a gift! I suspect it does the same thing for every sailor.

I invite you to come out to the lake every Saturday and hang out with the fleet that just doesn’t seem to age on the inside. A weekly dose of “ahh” is worth the trip whether you sail or not. Just be sure to bundle in the winter up because it’s hard to say “ahh” when your teeth are chattering.

Welcome 2011. Let’s make it a good year.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 COMMENTS/FEEDBACK

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...