11-17-12 RACING

by Pam

Doug and I hadn’t been down to the lake since the Butterfly Nationals.  Although we didn’t sail, we picked a beautiful day to stop by for a visit.  It was like old home week at WRBC with Jackie, Lynn, Bowman, Gary, Bruce, Roger, Paul, Cathy and even a new recruit, Brittany, who Bruce had taken out for a sail.  Jackie had seen Tom and Dave recently and it was good to hear how they were doing.  I didn’t see who all sailed out of CSC except that Burton stopped by WRBC for a bit but it sounded like he’d been away for a while too.  It was really good to see everyone again.

In so many ways, it was like nothing had changed.  But it has.  Life happens.  People come and go, things happen and good health is not guaranteed to us.  As we talked with everyone and got caught up and I heard how everyone was doing, I was suddenly struck by the fact that everyone is getting older.  That was not something I’d felt with this group before. 

Every time we go sailing, we put on our preventative and protective sunscreen.  I’ve heard of people noticing a suspicious spot on their skin here or there and nipping it in the bud early but I haven’t heard of any threatening skin cancer lately.  Instead I’m hearing about other threatening conditions happening inside the body.  Perhaps, we’re fast approaching the time of realizing that we need to start taking preventive and protective measures inside the body too.  But, I have yet to hear a clear and simple formula that’s as easy and effective as ‘apply sunscreen every time you go outside.’ 

Lately, Doug and I have been inspired to take an experimental plunge into finding a simple formula.  We’re taking enzymes for digestion and repair, supplements for anti-aging, brain health, anti-cancer, and gagging down the green superfood supplements.  But most of that stuff is seriously nasty!  Add in all the healthy foods that are recommended and it’s enough to make me want to just throw in the towel and take my chances with a hamburger, french fries and a Coke.  But, we stumbled upon a darn good solution.  Here is a video of an infomercial for the Nutribullet.  I saw this and ran down to Target to buy one thinking if it didn’t live up to its claims, I’d just return it.  Doug tried it and after one drink we were both hooked.  Now it’s part of our daily routine and we feel like we’ve found our sunscreen for inside the body.  In fact, we’ve already figured out we’re going to have to buy a second one because Doug has all these regattas he's planning to attend where he'll be away for a week or so and neither of us is willing to do without.


Essentially, we’re just collecting lists of nasty tasting healthy stuff and tossing it into the mix and it all tastes like blueberries or strawberries or whatever fruit we use.  There is no other way I would ever eat alot of the stuff we’re mixing in. 

So, since Doug and I have volunteered to be guinea pigs, keep an eye on us and see if we start looking and acting younger and healthier.  And then join us.

Oh ... and I don't know what happened on the race course.  Cathy wasn't last.  Paul seemed pleased.  Bruce hit a bunch of stuff and Gary was rusty.  But they all sailed, they were all smiling and they all looked great.  Sailing heals too!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 COMMENTS/FEEDBACK

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...