01.26.13 Racing

 by Cathy
The day started out drizzly and wet.  The forecast kept changing and there was some debate as to whether or not this would be a good day to sail.  When I heard we might have a guest sailor, James, I sure hoped so.
 
I had race duty with Burton.  Now I've had race duty with Gary, Frank, and Burton - and each time I learn new things.  I won't say race duty is as much fun as sailing, but it's a close second.
There was not much wind.  After some thought, the sailors left it to the race committee to decide to sail and the decision was yes, let's go for it.  I don't think there were any regrets.
Burton set up a great race course.  The first race was a windward 1 1/2, then we switched to Olympic for the next two races.  Thankfully the wind built enough that there was not too much drifting. 
Everyone did well though I am not sure of exact scores.  The pictures are in sequence and should tell the story.  It looks like Bruce and Frank placed first with Bowman second in the second race. 
It would have been nice to have had a little sunshine but I still think winter sailing is some of the best sailing to be had on White Rock Lake.  Not too much wind, not too hot, rescue boat around to scoop you out of the water in case of a capsize.  What could be better?  

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 COMMENTS/FEEDBACK

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...