4-21-12 RACING

by Pam

A beautiful sunny day!  Today was my first time back in a Butterfly in quite a while.  If you haven't been on the water in a while and you plan to sail in the Nationals, you probably need to come out and get back in the groove. 

I wasn't prepared for stand up paddle boarders in the middle of the race course.  A gust just as I was in the middle of them blew me over and I think narrowly missed crashing down on one of them as I straddled the boat with my left foot in the cockpit and my right foot on the centerboard.  Oops!

We had a noon start due to the March of Babies in the morning so it ended up being almost 1:00 p.m. before we started racing and we had a light turn out but the racing was good.  Sandy won the first race, Doug the second and Bruce the third.  I had one good race (a 2nd) and then felt like a spectator for the rest.  Definitely, come out and practice if you haven't been out.  We're also doing Thursday evening practice sessions for anyone that can't make it out on the weekends.  Come join us!

We had three new faces on the water today.  Two on a Butterfly and one on a Laser sizing up his competition while he waits for his Butterfly to arrive.  Megan was back on her feet and on the docks today and is looking quite good.  Hopefully, she'll be back on the water this year.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 COMMENTS/FEEDBACK

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...